Get the RPE pta app!!
New families and Kindergarten families, please click here to create an account and for
directions to download the RPE PTA app.
It is only by creating an account that you will:
- receive the Monday Memo,
- be able to download the app,
- access the directory,
- sync the RPE calendar with your phone!
Returning families, make sure to update your info (especially your student's grade) by clicking MyForms/Paperwork, under the My Account tab.
upcoming dates to remember:
Monday, September 21st - September 25th - Phase 2 of in-person learning begins
includes all student groups in Phase 1, plus:
- 2nd grade
- Students receiving direct dyslexia services
Wednesday, Sept. 23rd - Early release day (11:40AM)
Monday, September 28th - Oct 2nd -Phase 3 of in-person learning begins
includes all student groups in Phase 1 and Phase 2, plus:
- 3rd grade
Monday, October 5th - All other students that chose in-person instruction will return on Oct. 5. Virtual Empowered Learning will continue for those that choose that option.
Friday, October 2nd - Sunday October 4th - RPST Descendants Try-Outs
- School is from 7:40AM - 2:55PM. (the start time is 5 minutes earlier from last year)
-Remember, all students arriving and leaving in a vehicle should be driven through the car rider lane. To help speed up the pick up line, please display your child's name and homeroom teacher on your front dashboard. Make sure your child has their mask on and is ready to go!
-Click here to find out bus info
-Please pack two separate snacks for your child each day. It is best if these snacks are separate from their lunchbox so they don’t accidentally eat their lunch during snack time. Putting them in the front pocket of their backpacks is a good idea!
-Kids should bring a water bottle (preferably a large one or two) each day
-Please bring an extra mask in a separate bag labeled with your child’s name to remain in their backpacks.
Click here for RPE COVID-19 Safety Protocols and School Community Quick Guide. It covers everything from lunch to library, transition periods, deliveries and drop-offs and even restroom breaks. If you have a question, it will most likely be answered in this document.
Leander ISD has licensed a NEW Frontline Health Portal to provide you with a convenient way to complete your child’s COVID-19 self-screen prior to arriving at school every day. You may download the Frontline Health Portal App (Not Frontline Education App) from the app store on your phone.
Please review the directions below for setting up your portal:
Register and create a Frontline account through the Frontline Health Portal app.
Once you log in, click on “Home” on the top menu bar. This selection will prompt you to register your first child to your account. You will need to provide the following information:
- Student Last Name
- Student Date of Birth
- Student School ID (as designated by the District)
- To register additional in-person children, who are enrolled at any LISD campus, remain on the “Home” tab, click on “Add Person,” and continue this step until all your children are registered.
- Your new Frontline Health Portal is now active and ready for use!
Important Note: All children in a family can be added to the same account, as well as families that have multiple homes, both parents can create an account for their child with their own email.
***DO NOT REGISTER ANY CHILD WHO IS STILL VIRTUAL. THIS IS ONLY FOR IN-PERSON STUDENTS***
Please note that you must submit a daily health screener for your child prior to arriving to school.
On Friday, September 18th you should have received an email with information about our new system for transportation changes and car rider pick up. This email has important information -- your username & password & unique parent PIN for our car rider lane! By accessing School Dismissal Manager you are able to make transportation changes for your child.
In-person families--please log-in and set your default transportation plans for your student.
ALSO--If your child is a car rider you will need to display your personal PIN in our car rider lane.
Please make sure it is written large enough for us to see!
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
- New parents have been issued a username and temporary password (sent via email on Friday Sept 18th). Returning parents can use their existing parent login credentials. Please use these to login to SDM at www.schooldismissalmanager.
- The Parent Login area is found at the top right of the SDM homepage.
- When you login for the first time, you will be required to change your password immediately.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide for Creating Exceptions for details on how to use the system.
- As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the SDM homepage. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
- When you start to receive the email notifications of changes or cancellations that are made for your child, please keep in mind that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.) please call the school directly and talk with someone in the office.
- Do not use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child's ''default'' dismissal.
- Each school day, School Dismissal Manager will send a comprehensive dismissal report to the school immediately following the cut-off time, allowing administrators and staff to facilitate a smooth dismissal.
Friday October 2nd - Sunday October 4th
In order to help kick off this month-long celebration we're providing you with a great resource that features awesome titles by Hispanic Authors.
Each day Mr. Alex will feature a new Hispanic Author so don't forget to check back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and...well you get the point!
Below are some tips and links to assist you in setting up your student for purchasing lunch at RPE.
First you'll need to set up a mealtime account. Just click the link to begin: https://www.mymealtime.
Virtual students may drop them off in the school entryway during school hours. There is a bin labeled for library book returns.
Is your student in person? They may drop books off on the cart outside the library. Thank you!
Please be aware that as each grading period allows for parents to request changes, our campus must adjust accordingly. While we strive to maintain as much consistency as possible for our students, requests for changes may result in teacher changes. Even those NOT requesting a change of learner location may be impacted and result in a teacher change as we shift teacher assignments to and from in-person and virtual to accommodate change requests.
Returning families, help keep our school directory accurate!Make sure to update your student's grade and teacher in the RPE PTA app, it only takes a minute.
1. Open the Membership Toolkit app
2. Click on the three little lines on the top left corner
3.Click on My Account (very bottom)
4. Click on Forms Paperwork
5. Click on Family Information
6. Step 1 is Parent Information - click next if everything remains the same
7. Step 2 is Student Information - update your child(ren)s grade and teacher here!
8. Save and you're done!!Thank you for taking the time to do this!Also, please help spread the word to new families to create an account with membership toolkit to stay informed and have access to the app and calendar!
Normally, each student gets a hard copy and they "sign" their name to it. This year, the teachers are going to go over it with them again in their zoom (or classroom, for those kiddos back on campus), and then give the students a chance to put their name in the chat or sign the sheet of paper.
Here is a video of Mrs. Sneed, our awesome school counselor talking more about it!
Brought to you by Lindsay Koenig,
RPE PTA's Healthy Lifestyles Chair
- Link to LISD Covid-19 Updates
- Link to LISD Teaching and Learning Guide
- Link to Dr. Gearing's Message to Families
- Link to LISD 2020-2021 Calendar
- Remind - LISD notification Platform
- Link to River Place Elementary Website
- Link to the Most Recent River Place Insider
- Link to New Family Orientation Video
- Link to New Family Orientation Slides
- Deposit Lunch Money
- Transfinder - School Bus Route Info + Map
- Link to our Back to School Checklist
- Campus is open by appointment only. Find out how to schedule an appointment here.
- Families who do not otherwise have access to a laptop, please email Christie.Pfenninger@lean
derisd.orgto arrange for a time to pick one up.
River Place Elementary School
6500 Sitio Del Rio Blvd., Austin, TX 78730
Facebook Grade Level Groups to Stay Connected!
Color coded calendar: Red=LISD District, Aqua = PTA Meeting, Green = Titan Garden Event, Royal Blue = RPE Event
The Fohn Family
The Godwin Family
The Haddock Family
The Hanna Family
The Kennedy Family
The Clark Family
The Conway Family
The Crockett Family
The Hobson Family
The Rizkallah Family
The Whitson Family
Titan Blue $250
The Jacob Family
The Koren Family
The Walker Family
The Wright Family
Make a donation to the annual Write the Check Fundraiser
**Be sure to check and see if your employer has a matching program to maximize your donation (Apple, Home Depot, Microsoft, Google, and State Farm, are just a few who have been known to do this)
Click Here to Donate
What Does the PTA Do With My Donation?
- New Playground Equipment
-Classroom Enrichment Materials
-Grade Level Learning Materials
- Library Books
-The Titan Garden
-Music and Theater Teaching Materials
-Guided Reading And Learning Center Materials
-5th Grade Graduation
-Library Research And Teaching Materials
-PE Enrichment Materials
-Counselor Enrichment Materials
-Healthy Lifestyles Program
-Nurse Program Enrichment Materials
-Red Ribbon Week
-CPR, Health & Safety Training
-The Care Closet
-The Giving Tree
Go to smile.amazon.com and choose River Place Elementary School as your charitable organization and a portion of your purchase price will be donated to the RPE PTA at no cost to you!