PTA Frequently Asked Questions
What is the PTA?
The PTA's Mission
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE RPE PTA?
The RPE PTA provides financial and volunteer resources, including educational programs, teacher development, supplies and memorable events, which significantly enhance the experience of our students, staff and families. All RPE parents are encouraged to contribute to the PTA, both financially and by volunteering. Through these efforts the PTA achieves it's purpose, which is:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
WHAT DOES RPE PTA DO?
We volunteer in our school, plan and implement school events, and collect and responsibly utilize funds raised. Funds are used for school events, classroom and school materials, teacher training, field trip transportation, and campus improvements. More details are on the Fundraising tab on this website.
HOW IS LEEF EDUCATION FOUNDATION (LEEF) DIFFERENT THAN the rpe pta?
Leander Education Foundation (LEEF) raises money to fund staff positions across the Leander school district where state funding falls short. PTA donations stay within River Place Elementary to support our school.
HOW CAN I VOLUNTEER TO LEAD OR BE ON A COMMITTEE?
Color coded calendar: Red=LISD District, Aqua = PTA Meeting, Green = Titan Garden Event, Royal Blue = RPE Event
The Fohn Family
The Godwin Family
The Haddock Family
The Hanna Family
The Kennedy Family
The Clark Family
The Conway Family
The Crockett Family
The Hobson Family
The Rizkallah Family
The Whitson Family
Titan Blue $250
The Jacob Family
The Koren Family
The Walker Family
The Wright Family
Make a donation to the annual Write the Check Fundraiser
**Be sure to check and see if your employer has a matching program to maximize your donation (Apple, Home Depot, Microsoft, Google, and State Farm, are just a few who have been known to do this)
Click Here to Donate
What Does the PTA Do With My Donation?
- New Playground Equipment
-Classroom Enrichment Materials
-Grade Level Learning Materials
- Library Books
-The Titan Garden
-Music and Theater Teaching Materials
-Guided Reading And Learning Center Materials
-5th Grade Graduation
-Library Research And Teaching Materials
-PE Enrichment Materials
-Counselor Enrichment Materials
-Healthy Lifestyles Program
-Nurse Program Enrichment Materials
-Red Ribbon Week
-CPR, Health & Safety Training
-The Care Closet
-The Giving Tree
Go to smile.amazon.com and choose River Place Elementary School as your charitable organization and a portion of your purchase price will be donated to the RPE PTA at no cost to you!