RIVER PLACE ELEMENTARY PTA Vandegrift High School
Senior Scholarship Application Requirements
The River Place Elementary PTA will provide funding each academic year for a scholarship for a graduating high school senior from Vandegrift High School who attended River Place Elementary School.
PURPOSE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP The scholarship will support students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education. In evaluating each application, the scholarship committee will consider the essay, participation in school activities, and community involvement.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from Vandegrift High School who attended River Place Elementary School.
- Applicant must be a member of the VHS PTSA in good standing.
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university or a vocational/technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following his/her high school graduation.
- The Scholarship Committee must receive all completed scholarship applications and required paperwork no later than May 31st, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to be eligible for consideration. Please email Allie McCann (firstname.lastname@example.org) PTA president
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS In order to qualify for this scholarship, the application must be accompanied by the following:
- A typewritten, single-spaced essay, 1-2 pages in length, font not larger than 12pt.
- Reflecting upon your years at school, write an essay about your favorite River Place Elementary memory and how this impacted your life – either academically, socially, or emotionally. Based on your reflection, how will this experience impact your future goals such as your choice of career, volunteerism, or any other future endeavours.
- List your accomplishments in high school including the following categories: special honors/recognition, awards, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and your work experience.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, principal, community member, or employer (via email is fine).
- Unofficial Transcript
- Completed application
- Copy of acceptance letter if available by May 31st, 2020
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION The River Place Elementary School PTA Scholarship Committee will review applications and recipients will be notified in June. Scholarships will be awarded to individuals, with payments made directly to the education institution. Applicants chosen to receive scholarship awards must submit a copy of a letter of acceptance from the educational institution to the Scholarship Committee.
Deadline for applying is May 31st, 2020 by 4:00pm CST. All entries submitted to the scholarship committee become the property of the River Place Elementary School PTA and will not be returned.
Color coded calendar: Red=LISD District, Aqua = PTA Meeting, Green = Titan Garden Event, Royal Blue = RPE Event
The Fohn Family
The Godwin Family
The Haddock Family
The Hanna Family
The Kennedy Family
The Clark Family
The Conway Family
The Crockett Family
The Hobson Family
The Rizkallah Family
The Whitson Family
Titan Blue $250
The Jacob Family
The Koren Family
The Walker Family
The Wright Family
Make a donation to the annual Write the Check Fundraiser
**Be sure to check and see if your employer has a matching program to maximize your donation (Apple, Home Depot, Microsoft, Google, and State Farm, are just a few who have been known to do this)
Click Here to Donate
What Does the PTA Do With My Donation?
- New Playground Equipment
-Classroom Enrichment Materials
-Grade Level Learning Materials
- Library Books
-The Titan Garden
-Music and Theater Teaching Materials
-Guided Reading And Learning Center Materials
-5th Grade Graduation
-Library Research And Teaching Materials
-PE Enrichment Materials
-Counselor Enrichment Materials
-Healthy Lifestyles Program
-Nurse Program Enrichment Materials
-Red Ribbon Week
-CPR, Health & Safety Training
-The Care Closet
-The Giving Tree
Go to smile.amazon.com and choose River Place Elementary School as your charitable organization and a portion of your purchase price will be donated to the RPE PTA at no cost to you!